Click on the link to view the sketch of the proposed road improvements for West Street:
The following is a general scope of work:
• Overlay existing concrete roadway;
• Mill & overlay existing asphalt roadway;
• Install ADA compliant ramps;
• Remove & replace concrete driveways along roadway;
• Install pavement striping;
• Reset and / replace manhole castings as needed (in the past we have coordinated with sewer authority to replace their castings);
The plan as it is shown has not been field verified, the limits of the various improvements have been shown for graphical purposes to discuss the scope of the project.
The various items would be required to perform based upon guidelines from the NJDOT / Grant Application. Although driveway replacement is not required, we are proposing to replace the driveways because we are overlaying the existing concrete roadway. The overlay would most likely eliminate the recommended reveal at driveway locations, therefore we would replace the concrete curb to provide a reveal of 0”-1.5”.
(The above are recommendations of the City engineer and subject to funding and NJDOT approvals)