The Board of Commissioners meets monthly on the 2nd Monday of the month at 7:00 PM. All meetings are held at the Carslake Community Center located at 207 Crosswicks Street, Bordentown, NJ. All public meetings are held in accordance with Robert’s Rules of Order. Members of the public are able to follow along with the written Agenda to understand what is being discussed during the meeting. The Mayor will announce when the meeting becomes open to the public for comment. For all public meetings there is no sign in required and members of the public may be asked to provide their name and/or contact information before making a comment. All comments, concerns, and questions are welcomed from the public.
The City Clerk is one of the oldest positions in local government. The Clerk’s duties include:
- Preparation and recording of the City’s Board of Commissioners Meetings minutes.
- Custodian of municipal records.
- Processing and issuing licenses and permits for liquor sale and consumption; dogs; bingos; raffles; soliciting/peddler’s permits; marriage, civil union licenses; and many others.
- Serves as the Election Official and administering all local elections.
- Serves as Registrar of Vital Statistics keeping a record of all births, deaths and marriages / civil unions, occurring within the boundaries of the City.
Drug Free Workplace
Civil Rights Policy
Open Public Record Request
Vacant Property Registration
Marriage & Civil Union License Form
Certified Copy of a Vital Record Form
Dog License Form