Community isn’t defined by dots on a map, it is defined by how you connect them. We aim to uncover the who/what/where/why that makes Bordentown City unique, sets our community apart from others, and really gives people reason to live here or come visit.
What is the Creative Team?
The Creative Team was first established as a subcommittee of the Bordentown City Environmental Commission (BCEC) in August 2013. However, in April of 2022 the Board of Commissioners wished to see the Creative Team take on a new direction and focus not only on our creative resources but to engage our residents and businesses to build sustainability and growth for the City’s economic growth as well. The City has many creative resources that many of our residents are unaware of such as shops that offer sewing, knitting, crocheting, use and reuse products, the list goes on. We would like to see the Creative Team highlight these resources and involve our residents thereby boosting sustainability in economic growth and awareness in environmental sustainability. It seeks to establish a vision for the community about how the arts and culture can contribute to its future.
What does it aim to do for our community?
A Creative Team increases the likelihood of maximizing and sustaining the creative potential that is inherent in every community, and can be the catalyst for meaningful development in your community by linking arts and culture directly to sustainability. It aims to support:
- Improving local business vitality, community spirit and public safety.
- Rejuvenating neighborhoods and stimulating job growth, within and beyond the arts and culture sector, contributing to overall economic development.
- Providing new reasons for others to visit, invest, or live in that place.
- Building pride and commitment to place, including the physical environment and nature.
- Bringing diverse people together to celebrate, create, inspire and be inspired, improving quality of life and community well-being.
|Kathy Dawson||Arts Leader|
|Gina Guillen||Business Leader|
|Jennifer Laswell||City Resident|
|Danielle Murray||Arts Leader|
|Rick Ellis||City Resident|